National Support and Information
National support and information
Carers UK is a charity organisation that has a website that provides factsheets, advice, and support for carers, including getting an assessment, financial help, online forums, and much more.
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:
- benefits and financial support -
- your rights as a carer in the workplace
- carers' assessments and how to get support in your caring role
- services available to carers and the people you care for
- how to complain effectively and challenge decisions
If you feel you need help in these areas or want to ask a question that might be helpful to you with your caring, contact them on their website or telephone 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm. You can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers UK have produced a simple tool for carers who are new to the array of benefits and entitlements available to help them. As well as covering practical and financial support, it includes information to help with managing the impact of caring on health and relationships.
Some charities have helplines and online forums that can give you advice and support.