Skip to content
Text size:

When your caring role changes or ends

We know this will be a difficult time for a carer who may have lost a loved one or stop caring for someone they have cared for.  Support is available, please contact Carer Support Dorset for advice and support.  

The Department of Work and Pensions need to know that you are no longer a carer if you have been receiving Carer's Allowance.

If you were getting a Council Tax discount because of your caring responsibilities, remember to let us know that your caring responsibilities have ended. If you're living alone, you may still be entitled to a single occupant's discount (25%) on your bill.

You may be entitled to welfare benefits if you are not in employment or unable to return to work.

If you would like support during a bereavement please contact Carer Support Dorset for advice.