Skip to content
Text size:


An Occupational Therapist can help you with everyday tasks.

Occupational Therapists (often known as OTs) can help with any problems you may be having with everyday tasks and may visit you in your home or you may be invited to attend an equipment clinic. This can help you continue to live safely and independently in your own home.

When the Occupational Therapist has looked at the problems you are having, they can suggest a range of solutions. These might include:

  • advice on other ways to manage tasks
  • some equipment to help
  • a Telecare system to let people know if you need help
  • adaptations to your home

Our Adult Access Team can complete telephone assessments with you and may be able to issue simple equipment without the need to refer to Occupational Therapist. Contact Adult Access Team

Independent Living Centres have Occupational Therapists who can talk to you about your needs.

Alternatively, please get in touch with us.

Dorset Accessible Homes Grant

A Dorset Accessible Homes Grant, previously known as a Disabled Facilities Grant can be used to pay for a range of adaptations to ensure that you have access to facilities within your home. Your Occupational Therapist can help with a grant application.

Contact us to request a referral to an Occupational Therapist and for further advice.

Help with getting about

Occupational Therapists help people with carrying out tasks rather than getting about. If you are having problems with moving around the house or outdoors, you should ask your GP to get a physiotherapist to see you. They might suggest you need walking aids such as walking sticks or a frame for example.

Contact us to request a referral to an Occupational Therapist and for further advice.

Related links