Aims of the Technology Enabled Care Lounge
The TEC lounge is based in the County Hall building in Dorchester.
It is designed to showcase a variety of technology in a relaxed environment. It enables individuals considering their own purchase of smart technology to visit, relax and receive information with live demonstrations of the very latest equipment and devices.
If you are wishing to self-purchase products but are unsure of the right one for you, or whether it would really work or not, then we can support you in an impartial way to make the right choice.
To give you a flavour of what you could see demonstrated, or test out for yourself, here is a list of technology in the lounge: (Please note the items are subject to change).
- Echo show/Alexa which opens the blinds, turns lights on/off, turns heater on/off
- Google mini which turns on/off the sensory water/bubbles floor standing lamp
- power blinds
- Brunt blind engine
- ring doorbell and Ring Cam
- Danalock smart door lock
- Kemuri sense socket
- footprint tracker
- wifi door sensor
- smart soles
- digital video watch and monitor
- camera and monitor (similar to baby monitor)
- various smart plugs and light bulbs (Philips hue etc)
Please note, due to Covid-19 all appointments are suspended at the moment, but we will advertise when we are able to take new appointments.