Information about Adult Social Care and support
To read information about the support you may be able to receive Adult Social Care read the relevant information sheet about the topic you are interested in. Topics include:
How to prepare for your transitions assessment meeting
Hospital information - advice for people going into or leaving hospital
Home from hospital and follow-on support at home
Paying for care and support
Self-funding your care
Deferred payment agreements
Top-ups and third-party contributions
Deprivation of assets
Money and people who lack capacity
Social Care support in prisons
Developing your support plan using your personal budget
Financial information for self-funders choosing residential care
Paying for adult social care in the community
If you cannot find the information you are looking for consider using the Do it online section below or contact us for further advice.
If you are considering Residential Home accommodation, read our find alternatives to residential care guide to help you make a decision.
During office hours
Our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01305 221016
- contact us online
- Address: Dorset Direct, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ
Do it online
There are lots of things that you can apply for online:
- blue badge scheme
- carers assessment
- report a concern about an adult (safeguarding)
- register as a carer in Dorset
- register as a carer in Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole
- comments, compliments, and complaints
- Dorset Home Choice housing register
- assisted rubbish collection
- safe and independent living (SAIL) assessment can direct you to a wide range of help, advice, and support services across Dorset
Already receiving support from us?
You should have been given direct contact details for your social care team.
If you've lost or forgotten this number, call us on 01305 221016 to explain your situation.